Saturday 9 July 2016

What makes you happy?


Only two months ago, I sat down and asked myself, '''what really do you want to be In his life?"
now, you see, It was so easy for me to start describing and envisioning how good of a software engineer I would love to be and how  I would like to develop software's and applications that will endorse billions of all manner of currencies.
That same thing that prompted the question in me then asked me, ''If that all happened, would you be happy?'' If I did create all manner of applications and acquired all the money I could get, would that complete my happiness?
I figured that I will have a sense of accomplishment but that didn't mean I would be happy.
It is totally okay to dream and have ambitions of what and what not you would like to be and do in the future, but almost all the time, we get so carried away with selfish ambitions thinking that when we have accomplished all that, our joy would be full.
Time and people have proven that more often than not, this is not the case. You can get all the money and fame in the world and still remain unhappy. The problem with people in our time is they are so carried away with the superficial things of the world and pay very little attention to those things that will be beneficial to their souls.

Beyond the plans and dreams to make money, own businesses, get on Forbes list and all, do you also plan for the way you could contribute to the society? like possible health care for those who can not afford it, or education for the numerous children out of school, or just the smallest thing to make life a little easier for someone else.
I hear people say all the time that when they become successful, they will definitely do that, but I dare say it wont happen, they only say it to keep their conscience at peace. If you cannot begin to envision and think about it the way you think about your personal dreams and goals, even when you have the means to it, you will find it hard because your mind was just never there.

I want to challenge you to begin to dream and think of your goals that will contribute not only to society but to the less privileged. And I want you to know that anything you do for money is not beneficial to your soul.
When you understand that there is always accomplishment in happiness but not always happiness in accomplishment, you'll begin to look at the world with clearer eyes, and your goals wouldn't revolve just around you any more.

1 comment:

  1. Steve Jobs echoed this line of thought on his sick bed! Soooo true Ruby!

    ReplyDelete