Monday 27 April 2015

REWIND PLEASE OR FAST FORWARD NOW??

  So this evening, my housemates and I got into a heated discussion when someone asked "if you had a chance to either go back to your past or fast forward into the future, which would you pick?"
Immediately i said i'll obviously go to my future stating my reasons. At the same time, some other people countered my own opinion and said they'd prefer to go back to their past because the past influences the present and determines the future.
This got me thinking really hard
   I said I would go into my future, find out the leading brands in society, get very knowledgeable on certain things, find out the technology of tomorrow and start investing in it when I came back, I also included personal details like knowing future hubby and also that of some of my friends. My take was that the past is the past, instead of mending it, why not concentrate and make the future better?
   My 'opponents' were totally of a different opinion, they said that if they went back to the past, obviously the present that we are currently in would've been different, they'd change all the things they regret presently and probably undo what they did that got them in trouble, some also took it to personal levels and said they'd have prevented a loved one from dying or tried to have avoided some really nasty things and on and on, it was very deep and got everyone critically thinking. At some point I wasn't even sure of myself.
But on second thought, forward ever and backward never right? I think I'm definitely of the opinion of live the past were it is and make the future better.
    Biblically speaking, looking toward the future is the goal because we know who holds the future.
And you know the saying 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger'? if you survived that past, i think there's a reason for it and those things you wish to have changed have made you better in some way and also molded you to who you are today.
I still want to hear what you all think.... if you had a chance, just if, would you request a REWIND or a FAST FORWARD??

                               

4 comments: